Sunday 8 February 2009

22 Grand Love: I Love You Creedence


To spice up this blog a bit, I will be posting personal favourites at the start of every week with the title 22 Grand Love. The albums will mainly be random albums I love but have neglected for far too long. I won't do proper reviews on them as I feel you should make up your own mind. I will, however, give a short introduction to the artist and album. Please feel free to grasp the opportunity to comment on your own personal favourites, suggestions are more than welcome.

The first album I'll be posting is 2006 Etiquette by Casiotone for the Painfully Alone. CFTPA is a solo project by Chicago based Owen Ashworth. His first three albums were cassette-recorded gems which enhance a minimalistic approach, charged by his battery-powered casio and witty character-study lyrics. Etiquette only partly sticks to this formula as it gives us a more diverse and dynamic variety of sounds. However, the sentimental lyrics, portraying every day situations, are ever so present. Creating an album that grasps you from start to finish, as you get pulled into the world and observations of Owen Ashworth.
"This September I'll be 26 years old and El's the only one besides my dad who's ever said I love you Creedence"

Casiotone for the Painfully Alone - Etiquette (2006)

01 Etiquette I.D.
02 New Year's Kiss
03 Young Shields
04 I Love Creedence
05 Nashville Parthenon
06 Scattered Pearls
07 Happy Mother's Day
08 Holly Hobby (version)
09 Cold White Christmas
10 Bobby Malone Moves Home
11 Don't They Have Payphones Wherever You Were Last Night
12 Love Connection

Recommended tracks: New Years Kiss, I Love You Creedence and Cold White Christmas

Try here
Buy here

After recently releasing a collection of b-sides, covers and rare live recordings Advance Base Battery Life, CFTPA will release the proper follow up to Etiquette in April named VS. CHILDREN.

No comments: